Store the raw lamb in the refrigerator until just before cooking to keep the patties from falling apart.
Lamb & Cucumber Salad Pitas
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 soft flatbreads
- For Cucumber Salad, in a medium bowl combine cucumber, onion, olives, half the mint leaves, jalapen~o, and oregano. Add lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. of the oil; toss to coat.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt and 1 clove garlic. Chop remaining mint and stir into yogurt mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine lamb, remaining clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Heat remaining oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Using a slightly rounded 1/2-cup measure, spoon meat into 4 mounds in skillet, leaving space between mounds. Cook 2 minutes. Press mounds into thin patties using the back of a wide spatula. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until browned. Turn; cook 2 minutes more or until done (160 degrees F).
- Serve lamb patties in flatbread topped with yogurt mixture and Cucumber Salad. Makes 4 servings.
Around The Globe