Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies are a fantastic flavor twist on simple sugar cookies. Perfect for anytime you’re craving a sweet, citrus treat!
Lemon Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces (113g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 & 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 1 medium lemon)
- 1 cup (85g) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- sanding sugar, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and lemon juice, and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Using 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls. Or use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten the top of each slightly. If desired, sprinkle each cookie with sanding sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browed. (These cookies won’t brown too much, but they should appear set.)
- Cool on pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then, transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Around The Globe