Hello, let me introduce you to the sugary and tangy recipe I am most known for baking… The Lemon Bar or bars rather.
If you have known me long enough there is a good chance I’ve either made or brought these to an event in our span of knowing each other. For those of you who are new, first hi,👋 and second consider this recipe me making them for you now. 😉 This also applies to friends who have not had them as of yet.
Lemon Crumble Bars
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks, melted or room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter (chilled and cut into pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking dish or pan (I prefer to use just coconut oil for greasing).
- Mix the 2 cups Flour, Butter, and 1/2 Sugar and press firmly into the bottom of the prepared dish or pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the Eggs slightly and add in the Lemon Juice, 2 cups Sugar, 4 tablespoons Flour, and Baking Powder. Whisk the ingredients to fully combine and pour over the crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix the 1 1/2 cups Flour, 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, and 1/3 cup Sugar. Cut 1 1/2 sticks chilled Unsalted Butter into pieces. Use your hand to work in the butter pieces, until large clumps begin to form. Sprinkle on top of the lemon mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the center of the bars is slightly firm to touch. Once cooled completely sprinkle the top with Powdered Sugar.