These zingy Lemon Marzipan Muffins are an easy bake, refreshing and full of flavour, though not too sweet, perfect to make at Easter to share with friends and family.
Lemon Marzipan Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 large lemons – zest and juice
- 100 g readymade marzipan
- 160 g flour
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60 g sugar
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 F/200 C/gas mark 6. Place 10 muffin cases in a muffin tin. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, ground almonds and baking powder and stir thoroughly using a whisk.
- Chop the marzipan into small chunks (a bit bigger than chocolate chips), add to the flour mixture and combine using your fingertips to prevent the marzipan from clumping together (if they do try to separate the marzipan pieces without squashing them too much). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, sugar, oil and the lemon juice and zest. Add the milk and stir. Pour in the flour mixture all at once and stir only until the dry ingredients are no longer visible.
- Spoon equal amounts of the batter into the muffin cases and bake on the middle oven shelf for 22 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the tin and place on a cooling rack.