Lemon Meringue Pie Shooters
- 3 large eggs, plus one yolk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1″ chunks at room temperature
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- Place the eggs, the yolk, sugar and lemon juice in a medium size heat-resistant (stainless steel or glass) bowl and whisk the ingredients together.
- Next, place the bowl over a low simmering pot of water. Using your whisk, you will constantly stir the mixture until it begins to thicken to the consistency of pudding. This took me about 11 minutes. If you have a candy thermometer that will be helpful as you want the mixture to reach 160 degrees F.
- Once the mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat. Pour the mixture from the one bowl, through a fine mesh sieve to remove lumps, into another bowl. Add the room temperature butter and stir until all the butter has melted. Then add the lemon zest and stir until incorporated.
- Cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap so a skin does not form on the curd, and place it in the refrigerator to cool for 2 hours or over night.
© Copyright 15 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved