Bake up a loaf of this soft, sweet lemon poppy seed bread for a scrumptious breakfast, snack or dessert. It’s so easy and super moist!
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) white or yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Lemon Glaze, optional
- 1 1/2 cups powdered confectioners’ sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil. With a hand or stand mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently stir in lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans, or four mini loaf pans. Bake whole loaves for 35-40 minutes, or mini loaves for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Meanwhile prepare lemon glaze, if desired.
- Cool in pans for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Once on wire rack, place wax paper beneath rack and brush loaves with lemon glaze.