For Chocolate Mousse Cake Roll, prepare cake according to recipe directions in Steps 1 and 2. Unroll cake; discard parchment. Combine 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon milk; mix well. Fold in 1 cup thawed whipped topping; gently spread over cake to within 1 inch of edge; re-roll cake. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Slice and serve with additional whipped topping and chocolate sauce.
Luscious Lemon Angel Roll
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 jar (11.75 ounces) strawberry ice cream topping, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 lemon
- 7 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen light whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Powdered sugar
- 12 whole strawberries with stems and lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut an 18-inch-long piece of Parchment Paper. Press into bottom and up sides of Large Bar Pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour batter over parchment, spreading evenly. Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar over cake using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Place a sheet of parchment over cake. Place cooling rack upside down over parchment and carefully turn cake out at once. Remove pan and parchment from bottom of cake. Starting at one short side, roll up cake in parchment. Cool completely.
- Unroll cake and transfer to Large Grooved Cutting Board; discard parchment. Spread cake with 1/4 cup of the ice cream topping, pressing lightly using Skinny Scraper. Combine cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Zest lemon using Zester/Scorer; juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Add zest and juice to cream cheese mixture; whisk using Stainless Whisk. Add food coloring, if desired; mix well. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping; gently spread over ice cream topping to within 1 inch of edge; re-roll cake.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Slice using Bread Knife. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Garnish each serving with whipped topping, strawberry fan, lemon slice and remaining ice cream topping.