Macadamia Crusted Tilapia with Mango Pineapple Salsa
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 1/4 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 can light coconut milk (can also use regular milk)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 cup mango, diced
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or cover a large baking sheet with foil. Add the nuts and bread crumbs into a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely crushed. Pour the mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Pour the milk into a separate shallow bowl. Dip each fillet into the milk and then dip into the nut and bread crumb mixture. Place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on top of each piece of fish. Drizzle some of the fresh lime juice over each fillet. Spray the top of each piece with cooking spray. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the salsa. Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Serve over the fish.
© Copyright 20 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved