Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt
- 16 ounces mango chunks (1 pound), frozen or fresh
- ⅔ cup honey
- 1 small lime, juiced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups full-fat yogurt, chilled
- In a medium saucepan, combine the mango (frozen or fresh), honey, lime juice and salt. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mango mixture from heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Purée the mixture in a blender until it is completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl (using a larger bowl will help the mixture cool faster) and refrigerate it until the mixture is thoroughly chilled. You can let it cool in the refrigerator for a few hours, or even overnight, or speed up the process by placing the bowl in the freezer, stirring every 15 minutes or so, for about 45 minutes.
- Mix together your chilled mango mixture and chilled yogurt, then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately for a soft serve texture, or transfer the frozen yogurt to a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours for a scoopable consistency.
© Copyright 20 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved