Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 2/3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 2 tablespoons of salt. Place the potatoes in the pot and boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes. Run the potatoes through the ricer and transfer them back to the pot.
- Alternatively, you can skip the ricing step and simply mash the potatoes with a potato masher or mixer. Stir in the milk, butter, sour cream and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the potatoes into a 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining 2/3 cup of cheddar cheese. Cover the pan with foil and place into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and add the bacon; bake, uncovered for an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are heated through.
- Sprinkle the chives and parsley over the top and serve immediately.
Around The Globe