Mediterranean-Style Baked Rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 2 green onions, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) uncooked converted white rice
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mixed peas and carrots, thawed
- 4 oz (125 g) tomato basil feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup/250 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place tomatoes in Close & Cut. Using Color Coated Chef’s Knife, cut tomatoes in half. Thinly slice green onions; set aside green tops for garnish.
- In small bowl, combine seasoning mix, oil, and pressed garlic. In Small Baker, combine rice, tomatoes, green onion bottoms and seasoning mixture; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Microwave chicken stock in Small Batter Bowl, uncovered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until boiling. Pour over rice mixture; mix well. Cover baker tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil or 2 sheets of regular foil. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove baker to cooling rack; allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice; stir in peas, carrots and feta cheese. Sprinkle with green onion tops.
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved