Melt in Your Mouth Caesar Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing (definitely grab a creamy caesar versus a thinner version), We used Marzetti Supreme Caesar (thick and creamy) although any creamy caesar would be great
- 1-1½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ***OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise. See note below
- Note: Do NOT salt the chicken.
- Heat oven to 375F and spray the inside of an 8×11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- If the breasts are uneven thickness, pound them (placed in a Ziploc bag and on a flat surface) to an even ¾”-1” thickness using a meat pounder. Sprinkle the breasts (both sides) with grated Parmesan cheese & freshly ground black pepper, and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour ¼ cup Caesar salad dressing over each breast (1 cup total over the 4 breasts) then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the prepared chicken in the oven and bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the middle of one of the middle breasts reads 155F.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil the breasts an additional 2-4 minutes or until the chicken turns golden. It can burn quickly, so watch it closely. When done, a meat thermometer should register 160F when stuck into the thickest part of one of the middle breasts. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and allow chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
- ***OPTIONAL: If you prefer a thicker crust of sauce on top, add in either 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup mayo to the caesar and parm mixture. Stir well and follow the directions as above. It is totally optional but can add a thicker layer of creaminess! The pictures above are without the extra layer..
© Copyright 22 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved