- Canola oil for frying (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz/212 g) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 pieces)
- ½ cup (125 mL) raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat the canola oil in an Executive Nonstick Skillet, until the Candy Thermometer registers 375°F (190°C). (Oil should be about 1″/2.5-cm deep in the skillet.)
- Meanwhile, separate the biscuit dough and cut each piece in half; then flatten each half into a round disc. Carefully drop the dough, 5 at a time, into the hot oil. Fry the dough for 30-60 seconds per side, or until they’re golden brown. Using the Large Chef’s Tongs, carefully remove the dough from the oil to a Large Sheet Pan lined with paper towels. Repeat this process with the remaining dough discs.
- Place the jam into the Decoratoring Bag fitted with the filling tip. Insert the tip into each beignet and squeeze the bag gently to fill the fritter with a small amount of jam. Sprinkle each beignet with powdered sugar using the Flour & Sugar Shaker.