Mini Cream Cheese Pound Cakes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- For the cakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 to 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- chopped nuts, toffee bits, toasted coconut, sprinkles, etc. for garnish
- To make the cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray a 1/4-cup capacity mini fluted Bundt pan(s).*
- Whisk together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Fill the prepared pans 3/4 full with batter, using about 2 & 1/2 tablespoons of batter per cup. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then, remove from the pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze:
- Combine the confectioners sugar with about 3 tablespoons of cream. Add more cream, a small amount at a time, until the glaze is the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cakes. If desired, top with chopped nuts, toffee bits, toasted coconut, sprinkles, or other topping of your choice.
Around The Globe