This rice preparation is complete meal as I have added lots of vegetables in it along with chicken, egg and shrimps. Pork lovers can add pork in this fried rice too. Here is my version of Indo-Chinese Style Mixed Fried Rice.
Mixed Fried Rice
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- Any Long Grained Rice – 200 gms
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups (carrot, beans – cut into small pieces)
- Capsicum – 1 (Cut into small pieces)
- Onion – 1 Big (Finely chopped)
- Spring Onion – 1 cup (Finely chopped)
- Shrimp – 1 cup (cleaned and shelled)
- Chicken – 1 ½ cup (Boiled and shredded)
- Egg – 2-3
- Garlic – 2 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Sugar – A pinch
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp (Or as per taste)
- Vegetable Oil – ½ cup
- Wash and soak rice in water for 30 minutes. Now cook the rice keeping a little underdone. Spread on plates and let it cool.
- Wash shrimps and clean them.
- Boil chicken adding a little salt. Shred them. Keep aside.
- Beat eggs adding salt.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok and fry the eggs. Keep aside.
- Again add oil in the wok. Add chopped onion and sauté till translucent.
- Next add chopped carrot, beans and capsicum. Sauté till they are done.
- Next add shrimps and chopped spring onion.
- Adjust salt. Sauté till all vegetables and shrimps are done.
- Next add shredded chicken. Sauté once again.
- Now add cooked rice. Sprinkle black pepper powder. Mix everything in light hand.
- Next add soya sauce and fried eggs. Mix the rice once again
- Finally check the seasoning. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Sesame Chicken, Garlic Chicken or Chilli Chicken or any Cantonese non vegetarian dishes.
Around The Globe