Like most of my recipes, this is yet another simple one that doesn’t require much prep work other than going to catch the fish.
Lets face it, if you leave in the city, you have no plans of driving down to Naivasha or Mombasa just to catch some fresh fish. I mean can u imagine, if every time you needed to consume an animal protein, you had to go into the wilderness to hunt or in this case to the lake, ocean to fish.
Thank goodness for the 21st century because it is safe to assume majority of us would be vegetarians. Unless of course you are on safari and are looking for a fishing adventure, then by all means take the trip. Otherwise for you and me who are simply just looking to put a meal on the table, you can purchase your fish from your nearest and favorite fish monger wherever that might be as long as it is fresh;-)
No breadcrumbs Fish Fillet Recipe
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 tbsp veg/olive/coconut oil
- 4 small fish fillets(150-200g each)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbsp grated cheese (cheddar or Parmesan)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley/dhania
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- place the flour in a large flat plate and season with salt and black pepper
- In a bowl combine, eggs, cheese, chili flakes, herbs, salt and pepper
- Pat fish and dry season mildly with salt and pepper
- Coat fish with the flour first, then with the egg mixture and repeat process to double coat. (the egg mixture should be the outer coat)
- Heat oil in pan, and place fish to cook on medium to low heat.
- Once browned on one side, turn fish and cook on low heat until fish is thoroughly cooked.
- Repeat process for remaining fillets.
- Serve with your choice of salad.