This is one of my favorite puff item. I am a croissant addict and I love when its done to perfection especially with the correct butter…I wrote a puff pastry recipe a few months ago,kindly check it out .check the link https://kemmyrecipes.com/puff-pastry.html
Tasty Nutella Croissants
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- puff pastry, thawed but still cool
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 egg (plus 1 tablespoon of water)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or misting with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a cutting board or other flat surface lightly with flour.
- Then spread out the puff pastry sheet so that it is flat.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the puff pastry until it is smooth and even.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut long triangles.
- Place (about 1 tablespoon) of Nutella on the wide end of the triangle, and use a spoon to spread it out just a bit over the triangle. (Try to leave at least a 1/2-inch border all the way around the edges of the triangle, though, so the Nutella does not seep out during baking.)
- Then, beginning with the wide end of the triangle, roll the dough up into a croissant shape.
- Place on a baking sheet, and turn in the edges of the dough slightly to make a “U” croissant shape.
- Let them proof outside at room temperature for about 30minutes
- whisk together the egg and one tablespoon of water until combined. Then liberally brush the egg mixture onto the top of each croissant. (You can also use the egg wash to help seal the ends of the croissant, if they are not holding together.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the croissants are golden and flaky.