These light and fluffy donuts are filled with the creamiest Nutella filling, perfect for a deliciously sinful treat.
Nutella Stuffed Donuts
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 envelope of dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- In a large bowl, add the warm water and sprinkle over the yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes so it can activate.
- Once the yeast activates and becomes foamy add the milk, melted shortening, sugar, salt, eggs, and 1/2 of the all purpose flour. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Add the remaining all-purpose flour and mix until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Lightly flour your working surface and knead the dough for a minute or two.
- Gently roll the dough 1/2-inch thick with a floured rolling pin.
- Cut donuts using a donut cutter or round drinking glass.
- Cover the donuts and let them rise for 45 minutes.
- Heat some vegetable oil to about 350 degrees and then fry the doughnuts for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the donuts.
- Using a skewer make a hole on the side of the donut and then stuff it with Nutella using a piping bag.