Oat Crisp with Burst Tomato Arugula Salad
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (76g) rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons almond slices
- 1/2 ounce blue cheese or gorgonzola crumbles
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon vinaigrette
- Heat oven to 400˚F and place an 8” cast iron skillet in the oven with about two teaspoons of olive oil, until the skillet is warm.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place in oven and roast until the cherries begin to burst, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Add the rolled oats to a blender and pulse until the rolled oats looks like flour. Transfer the flour to a bowl and add the cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Measure in the water and olive oil then stir until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the oat batter in.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on the middle rack then turn on broiler and bake until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Assemble the salad with the arugula, cherry tomatoes, almond slices, and bleu cheese. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Transfer the salad on top of the oat crisp. Serve by gently breaking the crisp and dish with salad.
Around The Globe