Oat Teff Pancakes
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 1/2 cup oat flour (50 g)
- 1/2 cup brown teff flour (76g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (100 g)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup cooked brown teff (50 g)
- Combine oat flour, teff flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Give a stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and butter. Fold in cooked teff.
Set aside and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over low to medium-low heat and grease with butter or oil if need be.
- When skillet is hot (if you flick water onto the skillet, it should sizzle), take a scant ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet.
- If the batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of milk to thin the batter slightly.
- Let cook for 1-2 minutes (until the pancakes begins to bubble slightly. Flip and let cook for another 1-2 minutes until pancake is cooked through.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, and a handful of fresh berries.
Around The Globe