Lately, I’ve not only allowed myself as many hosting opportunities as my calendar can manage, but have fortunately received many invites by other hosts as well. I never like to show up empty handed and prefer to leave a thoughtful impression upon my host to show my gratitude.
This is why I try to choose less common gifts such as handmade table linens or a salt scrub I’ve made in a sent they like or something along the lines of the Olive Oil & Sage Chocolate Mini Loaves.
Sometimes though, the hostess will ask you to bring something such as dessert. For the occasions where something specific has been requested, like dessert, I still try to find a creative treat. This is how I came up with the Olive Oil & Sage Chocolate Mini Loaves, which were a combination of several recipes I’d made before. While I know thoughtful gifts can often take a little extra time to prepare, these mini loaves however do not.
The flavors are extremely subtle and pair well with most every meal being served.This recipe, which you can find below, will allow you to make 3 mini loaves. Two of the loaves you can wrap nicely for your host to keep and then one can be shared after the meal.
Olive Oil & Sage Chocolate Mini Loaves
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 cups All-Purpose Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Fresh Sage (finely chopped)
- 5 ounces Dark Chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Coconut Oil for pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Green 3 small bread loaf pans with Coconut Oil.
- In a large bowl whisk the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and Salt together. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl beat the Eggs. Mix the Olive Oil, Whole Milk, and Sage into the eggs. Using a spatula gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry until fully combined. Stir in the Chocolate.
- Divide the batter between the 3 loaf pans and smooth the tops. Sprinkle the tops of each pan with the Coconut Flakes Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool before moving to a wire rack. Enjoy!