One Bowl Lemon Olive Oil Pound Cake
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup milk (I used 2%)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of EACH: nutmeg AND cinnamon (optional but sooo good)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon EACH: vanilla extract, lemon zest, AND lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- PREP: Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray (you can also line it with a piece of parchment paper and leave an overhang to act as a handle to help remove the cake from the pan if you’re worried about the cake sticking.)
- STIR: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil, sugar, eggs, lemon juice and milk. When combined, stir in the lemon zest, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Fold in the flour until *just* combined. If you overmix, the pound cake will come out tough.
- BAKE: Pour the prepared batter into your loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Cool the pound cake for roughly 30 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from the pan, and let cool to room temperature (about another 30 minutes.) Sometimes, I like to serve this dusted with a light coating of powdered sugar before slicing and serving!
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved