Is it just me, or do these holidays just seem to appear out of nowhere? One minute you took the snow off your clothes, and the next moment you’re hosting friends and family for days on end of eating, drinking and EASTER EGG hunting.
Orange Coconut Cake
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, divided
- 1 (5 oz.) large instant vanilla pudding mix (not prepared)
- 2 cup flaked, sweetened coconut, divided
- 1 (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 9 inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, the orange juice, vegetable oil, eggs, and orange zest.
- Beat on low speed until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake cakes according to times on package directions. After cooked through, remove from oven and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, crush the mandarin oranges with their juices.
- Stir in the instant pudding mix and 1 cup of coconut flakes. Fold in the whipped topping. Mix well.
- Take one of the cakes and place on the cake plate. Add a layer of frosting, and place the remaining cake on top. Frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut flakes and garnish with 5-6 of the mandarin orange slices.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, or overnight.