- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 100 g cold unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 100 g plain flour, plus extra for flouring
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 medium egg beaten
- salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh rosemary & thyme leaves finey chopped
- In a stand mixer over medium-low speed, mix together butter, flour and parmesan, until finely crumbly.
- Add optional fresh chopped herbs, season with salt & pepper to taste, and knead until you form a dough.
- Divide the dough in two, and roll each part into an uniform log, about 3cm / 1¼ inches in diameter.
- Wrap the 2 cylinders into cling film, and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350°F), meanwhile cut each log into 1cm thick rounds.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Brush the surface of each biscuit with the egg and sprinkle over a little finely grated parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are crunchy and golden on top.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
Around The Globe