It’s time for some clean eating Peanut Butter and Chia Jam Cookie Cups. These cookies are made with natural peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, whole wheat flour and honey…
Peanut Butter and Chia Jam Cookie Cups
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. egg whites
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Chia berry jam
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer beat together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil on high speed until well combined (approximately 3-5 minutes). Add sugar and beat on high for another 30 seconds. Finally, add the egg whites and beat on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Remember to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as you go.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat on low speed until combined, about one minute. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Shape the mixture into 12 one-inch balls (about the size of a rounded tablespoon) and place in the greased muffin pan. Press your thumb into the middle of the balls and shape into little cups.
- Place the cookies in the pre-heated oven and bake for 5 minutes.The cups will puff up a bit. Remove from the oven and carefully press down in the middle again to maintain the cup shape. The cookies will be hot so use a teaspoon to do this. Fill each cup with a teaspoon of Triple Berry Chia Jam (or a little bit more if you like your cups over flowing!) and place back in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookie cups from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove cookie cups from the pan by using a knife to gently lift out.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool for another 10 minutes. Cookies will keep in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.