A decadent snack mix made with creamy peanut butter. This peanut butter caramel crunch popcorn will have you coming back for more!
Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch Popcorn
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 8 c. popped popcorn*
- 1/3 c. lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 c. chocolate melting wafers, melted**
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
- In a large pot set over medium heat, add corn syrup and brown sugar, whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Add butter and whisk until melted. Whisk in peanut butter, then salt, vanilla and baking soda.
- Remove from the heat and carefully stir in popcorn. Spread onto prepared baking sheet, sprinkle peanuts over top. Gently press with a spatula.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring once at the 15 minute mark. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before drizzling the top with chocolate. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Remove and break into chunks.