Peanut Butter Icebox Cake. Layers upon layers of graham crackers, dairy free whipped cream, chocolate ganache, peanut butter and finished with a lightly toasted meringue for a dessert everyone will be clamoring for more!!!!
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 10 gluten free graham crackers see post for subs.
- 9 oz SO Delicious Whipped Topping (1 tub) see. post for subs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from the can
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup agave
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a loaf pan (9×5) or a square pan (6×6) with plastic wrap or parchment paper–I used a combination of both.
Add the chocolate chips to a bowl and set aside while you place the coconut milk into a small pot or sauce pan and turn on medium heat. Once the milk is boiling, transfer to the bowl. Let sit for 3-5 minutes and then stir smooth. Let cool.
- Place a thin layer of the whip at the bottom of the pan (about 1/4 inch), layer with dollops of peanut butter, chocolate ganache and then graham crackers. Repeat until you reach the top of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4+ hours. To remove from the pan, use a butter knife to loosen the sides before attempting to remove. Flip the cake over onto a serving dish and chill until ready to decorate with meringue.
- Place the agave, vanilla and salt to a small pot and turn on medium heat. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Add your egg white to a bowl and beat using a hand held mixer until stiff peaks form. Slowing add in the hot syrup while continuing to beat egg whites on low speed. Once incorporated turn on high speed and beat for 5-7 minutes or until mixture has cooled. Transfer to a piping bag and decorate top of cake. Use a kitchen torch to toast topping before serving.