There’s simply nothing better than a Classic Perfect Red Velvet Cupcake during the holidays.
Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Cook Time: 35min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugarhttp
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oz. red food coloring
- The flour/milk mixture for the icing needs time to cool completely in the fridge, so start the icing at least
- 1 hour before starting the cake.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 3 regular-size muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, place the cracked eggs and whisk until egg whites and yolks are blended.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients and whisk until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of an electric mixer, place all dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Mix on medium-high speed for 1 minute or until mixture is completely incorporated.
- Fill batter 2/3rds up the prepared cupcake liners.
- Gently tap the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles from the batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a middle cupcake comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes rest 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Optional: If a cake is desired, this cake batter will make a three-layer 8-inch cake
Around The Globe