Peri Peri Chicken
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- Chicken 1 kg
- For the piri-piri sauce:
- 6-12 fresh red chilies,
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp paprika (or red chili powder)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the chilies on a roasting tray and roast them for 10 minutes.
- Cool and roughly chop the chilies.
- Place the chilies, garlic, salt, oregano, paprika, olive oil and vinegar in a saucepan, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then place in food processor and blend to a fine paste.
- Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag.
- Add half the piri-piri sauce, spreading it evenly over the chicken.
- Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hour.
- Skewer the marinated chicken and grill till done.
If you don’t find paprika then use red chili powder.