This cheesy Pesto Chicken Breakfast Casserole is the perfect savory brunch! It’s so versatile you could easily serve it for lunch or dinner, too. Layers of fluffy crescent rolls, fresh basil pesto, shredded chicken, and gooey, melty cheese all in one perfect bite!
Pesto Chicken Breakfast Casserole
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Persons: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups prepared basil pesto (We like DeLallo)
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Boil chicken breasts for 10 minutes. Shred. Mix with pesto. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper (I use 1 teaspoon each).
- Roll out crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with chicken and pesto. Pour eggs evenly over chicken. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve.