Pesto on Eggs
- Cook Time: 45min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 6-12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1-cup Italian parsley
- 2-cups basil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Pecorino Cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½-¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt (taste first and add only if needed)
- For topping:
- Kosher salt, if desired
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Honey Roasted Pecans, minced. I love Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecan Pieces
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Panko bread crumbs
- Extra Virgin Oive Oil – for drizzling
- prepare pesto by placing all pesto ingredients except olive oil in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped. While pulsing the mixture, drizzle in the oil until fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- Toast Panko crumbs by mixing the crumbs with ½-teaspoon olive oil. Place the crumbs on a baking sheet and place in a 400F oven for 3 minutes, stir, then cook for 1 minute or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from pan to cool.
- Assembling the eggs:
- Cut each cooked & peeled egg in half lengthwise. Place a dollop of pesto on the yolk. Lightly sprinkle eggs with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, pecans and toasted panko crumbs.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Around The Globe