This recipe for pineapple fried rice is loaded with chicken, bacon, crunchy veggies and juicy pineapple. A simple and easy main course or side dish that’s MUCH better than take out!
Pineapple Fried Rice
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 bags of Success® Jasmine Rice or 3 cups cooked rice (leftover is fine!)
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil divided use
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup diced pineapple fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and saute until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pan, cook 3-5 minutes or until softened. Stir in the red bell pepper, pineapple and bacon; cool 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the rice to the pan, along with the reserved chicken and frozen peas. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix gently until everything is thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add more soy sauce if desired.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with sliced green onions if desired.