Poached chicken with spring vegies
- 1 lemon
- 2 x 300g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 large thyme sprig, plus extra leaves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 480g chat potatoes
- 1 bunch baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthways if thick
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 2 small zucchini, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut a 2cm x 7cm piece of rind from lemon, avoiding the white pith. Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lemon and set aside.
- Cook chicken following poaching instructions on p182 , adding thyme sprig, peppercorns and rind to water.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Cook carrot in a steamer set over a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute. Add asparagus, broccoli and zucchini to steamer and cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Thickly slice chicken. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with oil and reserved juice. Sprinkle with extra thyme to serve.
© Copyright 20 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved