- 1 Egg
- lightly beaten
- 100 g Macroom Buffalo Ricotta
- 500 g Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
- 70 g Goats Cheese
- 50 g Goodness Walnuts halved
- 200 g Red Grapes Seedless halved
- 100 g Red Onion Relish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle approximately 25cm x 35cm and trim the edges with a sharp knife.
- Put on the lined tray and score a rectangle 2cm in from the edge, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Prick the base inside the edge with a fork.
- Spread the ricotta over the base, then dot with small amounts of the red onion relish.
- Break up the goats’ cheese and scatter that over along with the fresh thyme leaves. Finally, scatter over the halved grapes.
- Brush the pastry edges with a little beaten egg for a golden finish. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is cooked and the topping has browned. Break the walnuts over the tart and serve warm.
Around The Globe