Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 2 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed to 110 degrees F
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 4 1/3 cup (654 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- melted butter, for brushing
- poppy seeds, to garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine dry active yeast, warm milk, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whisk together and let stand for 5-7 minutes until mixture is foamy and yeast is fragrant.
- Add remaining sugar, pumpkin puree, melted butter, and egg. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and sea salt. Set aside.
- Attach dough hook attachment to stand mixer. With the mixer running on low speed, add half of the flour mixture.
- Continue mixing on low speed. Add remaining half of flour mixture. Continue mixing. Scrape down the bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing.
- Once the dough has come together, increase speed to medium and knead dough for about 5 minutes until smooth. The dough will be a bit sticky and tacky. Do not add additional flour. Continue to knead until dough can easily be scraped off the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Cover with dish towel and allow to rest at room temperature for 60 minutes until doubled in volume.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured work surface. The dough will be slightly sticky. Lightly dust work surface and hands with flour as needed.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Keep dough covered while you work. Roll into 12 balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest and rise for another 45-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover dough. Brush tops of bread rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until the bread has lightly browned on top and has an internal temperature of at least 190 degrees F.
- Allow to slightly cool in pan before dividing and serving.
Craving for more? Keep in touch on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for new post updates and more.
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved