Pumpkin, lentil and mushroom curry
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, very finely shredded
- 1/4 cup (75g) red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 truss tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin (800g), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, kaffir lime and curry and tomato pastes, and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and tomato wedges, and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, then add the lentils and coconut milk.
- Rinse out coconut milk can with 1/2 cup (125ml) water and add to pan. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Season and cook for 5-6 minutes until the flavours have infused.
- Add the pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir through the spinach and cook for a further 1 minute or until wilted.
- Serve curry with steamed rice and sprinkled with coriander and chilli.
Around The Globe