- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 1-1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (198 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, stirring to combine. In a small bowl, combine 6 ounces of raspberries and 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture, tossing gently to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and fold together with a rubber spatula. Add the melted butter and fold again to combine. Add the 6 ounces of raspberries, folding together very gently to avoid breaking up the raspberries (some will be smashed-that’s okay).
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly with your spatula. Place 2 ounces of the remaining raspberries over the top. Sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
Around The Globe