Vegan rhubarb Muffins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon (divided)
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 teaspoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan(s) with paper cups.
- In a bowl, combine and mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, combine brown sugar, buttermilk, canola oil, egg and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated
- In two to three batches, fold flour mixture into wet mixture until barely combined. Add rhubarb and a stir gently, again until barely combined.
- Batter will be very thick. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full with muffin batter.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, granulated sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-25 until a toothpick comes out clean.
Around The Globe