Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: medium
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut in smaller pieces
- 1 medium onion (about 1 cup), chopped
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). In a large bowl place carrots and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Place the carrots in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Slice the tips off garlic head. Place the garlic in aluminum foil, close and place in the tray.
- When carrots and garlic have 5 minutes remaining, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot.
- Add onion, ginger and the rest of the spices. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Squeeze the garlic into the pot and add the roasted carrots.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree using an immersion blender or a regular blender.
- Reheat if necessary, season if needed and serve with sour cream, bread croutons or toasted seeds.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Roast for about 30 minutes.
Around The Globe