Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 1/4 pounds (1kg) tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic head (7-8 garlic cloves), skin on
- olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (480ml) chicken stock
- Fresh basil
- 1 tsp (1g) dried oregano
- Cheese Toasts
- 1 baguette
- 1 cup (100g) cheddar cheese, grated
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters, red pepper into chunky pieces, onion into wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the garlic cloves leaving the skin on.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Leave the oven on to prepare the cheese toasts.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables with the juice into the bowl of a blender. Squeeze in the garlic flesh and add fresh or dried basil and oregano.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a pot and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile prepare the cheese toasts. Cut the baguette into slices and place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle or spray each slice with olive oil. Spread grated cheese on top. Season with garlic powder and dried oregano.
- Bake at 400F (200C) oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the soup warm, decorate with cream and basil leaves and serve with cheese toasts. Enjoy!
Around The Globe