Romesco Toast with Fried Egg
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Persons: 2
- Difficulty: easy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices crusty whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup romesco sauce
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 large avocado
- 2 eggs, cooked how you like
- Parsley, for serving
- Chili Flakes, for serving
- Heat the broiler on your oven with a rack about 6” away from the broiler.
- In an large, oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat, add the butter. Place the pieces of bread in the skillet and toast, flipping occasionally, until lightly browning. Remove from heat.
- Spread romesco sauce over each piece of toast then layer with sliced shallots and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until cheese has melted and is bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep a close eye on the toast as this may go quickly- it’s easy to burn!
- Remove from oven and top each romesco toast with sliced avocado and fried egg.
- Sprinkle with parsley and chili flakes if desired.
Around The Globe