Rosemary and lemon kangaroo kebabs
- 12 long fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g lean kangaroo fillet, fat trimmed, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 200g small button mushrooms
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, thickly sliced
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Remove most of the leaves from rosemary sprigs, reserving 1 tablespoon leaves. Soak rosemary stalks in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop reserved rosemary and combine with garlic, rind, juice and oil in a shallow dish. Add kangaroo and toss to coat. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Thread kangaroo, mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini, alternately, onto soaked rosemary skewers. Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over high heat.
- Cook skewers, turning, for 3–4 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate.
- Cover skewers with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve skewers with rocket and lemon wedges.
© Copyright 16 July, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved