The first time I saw hasselback potatoes, I was so amazed by how pretty they looked. I thought, what a simple and creative way to enjoy potatoes. This recipe can be enjoyed as a side or appetizer.
I left them in the oven for over an hour because I prefer a lot of crunch with my potatoes (I almost thought I was having potato chips!) If you want them more tender, an hour should be just fine.
Rosemary Cheddar Hasselback Potatoes
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 4 medium red potatoes,
- 1 ounce of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Rosemary twigs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Create a 1/8″ slice from the bottom of each potato, so that they are able to stand firmly on a surface.
- Then create thin 1/8″ slices through each potato, making sure not to cut completely through the potato. Stop right before you hit the bottom.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, and drizzle olive oil.
- Stuff the slices with the garlic, and place rosemary twigs in baking dish.
- Bake at 460F for 60-80 minutes (longer if you prefer crispiness.
- Finish off by adding grated cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.