Rosemary Sea Salt Dutch Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 11/2 cups room temperature water
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large bowl mix flour, sea salt, rosemary and yeast together. Mix in the water and use a spatula to blend until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and allow to sit on the counter overnight, at least 12 hours. (patience is a virtue!)
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. While oven is heating, place your Dutch Oven in the oven to allow it to preheat as well.
- Remove pot from oven and remove the lid from it.
- Flour your work surface as well as hands. Remove your dough from the bowl and form into a ball. This is a no knead recipe, but you may have to fold it a couple times to get it to form the shape you want. Place the dough into the bottom of your Dutch Oven (be careful not to burn your hands, the cast iron will be HOT!)
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on, then remove the lid and bake another 15-20 minutes until the bread is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Cut and serve! Perfect compliment for soups!
© Copyright 25 June, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved