Salty Dog Sangria
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 bottles Rose Wine
- 12 ounce can ginger ale
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup Stoli Crushed Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- Grapefruit slices
- course sea salt and grapefruit zest for rim
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir to combine. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the syrup has reduced by half and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pitcher, stir together all ingredients except simple syrup (sugar and water mixture) and stir to combine. You should have approximately 1/2 cup simple syrup. I recommend adding half first, stirring and tasting, then adding more to your taste. I liked it with the entire 1/2 cup added, but its all up to your taste! Add the grapefruit slices to the pitcher and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dip each glass in water and then coat in sea salt (I added a little grapefruit zest to the salt for fun) and fill with ice.
- Pour the sangria in and enjoy!
© Copyright 21 November, 2019 - Kemmy Recipes LLC. All Rights Reserved