Sausage and Pepperoni Stromboli
- Cook Time:45min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage, thawed
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large frying pan, heat the sausage on medium/high, I found that no olive oil was necessary, the sausage will have enough natural oils of it’s own. Crumble the sausage as it cooks to create smaller pieces.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, reduce heat to a simmer. Add the tomatoes, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- While the sausage mixture is simmering, roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the pepperoni on the dough spaced out evenly. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the dough, leaving about an inch on dough on each side.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella. (optional, but I love cheese!)
- Roll the dough lengthwise, pinching the sides together to seal.
- Brush the top of the dough lightly with olive oil (or spray lightly with olive oil spray) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before you slice and serve! Serve with marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
Around The Globe