Classic hoagie made with sweet Italian sausage, onions and bell peppers.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2 hoagie rolls
- 2 sweet Italian sausages (or your favorite kind of sausage)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place sausages in a non-stick skillet and add about an inch of water. Bring to boil on medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice pepper and onion into thin strips.
- After 10 minutes have passed and the sausages are cooked through, drain the water out into the sink. Return the sausages back on the stove and fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes until they slightly brown. Remove the sausages from the skillet.
- To the same skillet add 2 tbsps of olive oil together with bell pepper and onion. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the vegetables slightly char, but are still crunchy.
- You may toast the hoagies if you wish at this point. I didn’t.
- To assemble the hoagies just spread some mustard on the bread, place the sausage in the middle and pile peppers and onions on top.