Sauteed Mushrooms is one of the best and quick ways to cook mushrooms. Sauteed with onion they get a wonderful flavor. Adding some wine too, makes them totally irresistible. The flavors blend so well and sauteing gets them such a beautiful brown color. Try it out, these sauteed mushrooms with caramelized onion are such a comforting dish, you will love it, I am sure of that.
Sauteed Mushrooms with Caramelized Onion
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 cups (300 g) baby button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley
- Clean baby mushrooms with a damp towel, cut the ends if necessary. If you use bigger mushrooms cut them in halves, quarters, or slices.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook with the onion for about 8-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine and cook until wine evaporates, maybe another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Serve immediately.