I can not take credit for this amazing recipe, I owe my fabulous sister-in-law kudos for this dish. She made it once and my entire family requests it when we go over to their house for dinner. This Greek Chicken is delicious! It’s simple enough that your kids will love it — even the picky eaters — and elegant enough that you can serve it for a dinner party. Enjoy!
You do not need to rinse chicken before baking, to make it easy cleanup use a disposable pan and gloves (see past post about gloves and washing chicken).
The best way to easily squeeze lemons is to cut them in half and throw in microwave for 30 seconds, the lemon will be easier to squeeze when warm.
If you like a crispy skin, broil the chicken the last 5 minutes until skin had browned.
Simple and Delicious Greek Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 2-3 pounds bone-in chicken
- Juice of 2 lemons (or ⅓ cup lemon juice)
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley divided in half
- 2 tsp. Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- Mix lemon juice, oil, ½ cup chopped parsley and seasoning salt in a bowl.
- Place chicken evenly around the pan with skin side up and pour ¾ of the marinade over the chicken.
- Add the chopped garlic.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After placing the chicken on a serving dish, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and sprinkle with ½ cup chopped parsley.