Skinny One Pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken Skillet
- Cook Time: 30min
- Persons: 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 habernero chile, seeded and finely chopped (important to remove the seeds, this puppy is HOT, handle with care)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- For the Mango Salsa
- 2 large mangos, peeled pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a high powered blender, combine the green onions, garlic, chile, lime juice, soy sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Process until fully combined and smooth.
- Coat all four chicken breasts generously with the jerk paste. Place in a large ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to make the dish, preheat oven to 350F and remove chicken from the fridge.
- Make your mango salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium bowl and setting aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Swirl to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Add all four chicken breasts into the skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, searing but not completely cooking the chicken through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover in the mango salsa.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through (no pink)
- Garnish with more cilantro and chopped jalapeño if desired.
Around The Globe